“CJFE's work has a direct impact on the lives of journalists in distress who had nowhere else to turn – an on-the-ground, roll-up-the-sleeves attitude that makes me proud to be a member." – Michelle Shephard, Toronto Star National Security Reporter and CJFE Board member.
As a non-profit organization, CJFE is entirely dependent on support from its members, donors, sponsors, and people like you. Please consider donating to help support our programs and advocacy work, including:
- • Campaigning to free unjustly detained journalists, such as Al Jazeera English journalist Mohamed Fahmy and his colleagues in Egypt.
- • Policy work in Canada, such as our successful defeat of Bill C-461 and our continued fight for anti-SLAPP legislation.
- • Our annual Review of Free Expression in Canada, and maintaining CJFE’s website, the go-to resource for free expression issues in Canada.
- • Our Journalists in Distress Fund, which provides humanitarian assistance to journalists whose lives and well being are threatened because of their profession.
‘‘Without freedom of expression, there is silence or lies, and I don’t know which is worse. Free expression is the absolute mechanism by which we are free in the holistic sense.”—Linden MacIntyre, author and former co-host of CBC’s The Fifth EstateHave questions? Try our FAQ.
To make a donation to CJFE, click on the button below.
* Please note, we cannot issue tax receipts for membership as Canadian law prohibits using funds donated through a charity for advocacy work, which is an inherent part of the fight for free expression. If you have any trouble with your donation, please contact Tom Henheffer, CJFE Executive Director, at [email protected].