Monday, March 11, 2013
Each year on World Press Freedom Day (May 3), CJFE launches the annual Review of Free Expression in Canada. The Review provides an in-depth analysis of the state of our free expression rights in Canada. With a report card grading the performance of institutions, governmental departments and public figures, and insightful pieces written by leaders in the field, the Review is an incredible publication, and the only one of its kind produced in Canada. But this year we want to do more! And we need your help to do it. Which is why we have launched a crowdfunding campaign for you to help us take the Review to the next level. Join our Indiegogo campaign today!
We’re fundraising for:
- • Compensation for key people producing The Review including: the Art Director, Managing Editor and Copy editor
- • Distribution of The Review to journalism and communication programs at universities and colleges across the country
- • Targeted follow up with relevant authorities on the critical issues addressed, including interventions
- • Further research on these critical issues to follow them as they progress throughout the year
How can you contribute?
- 1) Donate! The Review informs Canadians about how their right to free expression is faring in this country and by engaging them with the critical issues – this is your chance to make sure that happens. It is a big job, and every dollar goes a long way.
- 2) Tell others! Crowdfunding isn’t based on large donations, but a LOT of donations. Everyone you can pass this on to is one more person who knows about their right to free expression, CJFE’s work, and the importance of holding those in authority accountable.